Monday, October 1, 2007

The Cathedral

I walk past a huge building. It's a cathedral. No it's two cathedrals; one on top of the other. That's how big it is. I decide to go in. There's an entire sanctuary full of people in the first cathedral. I want to go up to the second level. But that is not allowed. Only certain people are allowed up there. I begin pushing my way through the crowd trying to get up. People are stopping me. I begin to fight with them. Eventually, I escape out a side door. I run down an alley.

People in the alley befriend me. I know something is wrong. I killed someone while I was fighting with the people in the sanctuary. I don't remember doing this, but I know its happened. I'm told I have to return to the sanctuary. I'm given suit jacket to wear, in my hand is placed two small flowers. It's time. I'm led back to the sanctuary.

In a moment of passion, I burst through the cathedral's doors, wanting to once again try to get to the second cathedral on top of this one. After a brief skirmish, I realize it's futile and surrender. I'm quickly captured and taken to the pulpit. It's about that time that I realized I killed a white boy. And I'm a black one. And then I wake up.

1 comment:

Dacouver said...

This dream took place on a Friday night. Not sure what it means nor what caused it. It's pretty weird. I remember being very sad.